Working with Handmade Tile
Due to the handmade nature of our tile, slight variations in size, shape, and color are inherent. These traits bring depth and personality to your project, creating a one-of-a-kind installation
- Pull tile randomly from all the boxes to insure proper blending of your tile
- Use clean water for cuts
- Make sure your surface is level and use varying amounts of mortar when installing to accommodate for slight differences in tile thickness
- Use a premium penetrating sealer on your tile before grouting, making sure to seal all cuts well. This will prevent the grout from staining the tile and allow for an easier clean up after grouting
- Mask any textured or high relief Decos before grouting to minimize clean-up
- After grout has cured for 72 hours, clean the tile and reapply sealer. Do this again in six months as this will help protect against water penetration
- We recommend grout joints to be 1/8-1/4 inch wide for sanded grout, for smaller lines use non-sanded grout
- Do not use abrasive or heavy acidic cleaners
- Reseal periodically in wet and high use areas
- (Crackle and Cristal glazes) Not all pieces will have the same crackle appearance since they continue to crackle with handling and during installation
Request a Sample
We offer color samples free of charge. Simply click on the button below to get started. Once your request has been submitted, expect to have your samples in hand within 3-6 days. Easy as that!
Have a Question?
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you have. We are here to help! You can find us in the shop Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm PST. Follow the link below for more details on how to reach us.